Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
To lead and manage the Commercial / Project Controls function, provide leadership to enable the APAC Capital Projects team to capitalize on its knowledge of Procurement Logistics, Estimating, Cost Planning, Cash Flow, Contracts Management and the Commercial Control of projects. Put in place a best-in-class project services systems, policies and procedures to deliver a seamless and value-added service to the business.
- Provide governance over the execution of capital projects investment.
- Develop the breadth and depth of the Project Controls function for Cost and Schedule management.
- Lead the project controls process - cost & schedule by developing robust, project specific procedures and controls ensuring deliverables are met.
- Manage the commercial aspects of contracts / sub-consultants and sub-contractors for engineering and construction. Negotiate agreements with Consultants, Contractors and Vendors.
- Ownership of the financial and cost plans, strong management of internal budgets and cash flow.
- Manage, monitor and report on project cost performance and ensure all reporting is accurate for any change management, claims, etc.
- Work with the legal team to develop and manage contracts and with the supply-chain team on vendor procurement and management.
- Manage all the contractors and sub-consultants procurement and agreements to the stages of Purchase Order and Invoicing.
- Overview of risk management and mitigation of potential exposure.
- Lead the team and provide them with mentorship and the rightful training where it’s necessary.
- Understanding of Asia Pacific Supply Chain Management peculiarities, trends and how companies should set-up their infrastructure to benefit from Region’s rapid pace of transformation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all documents and information.
Qualifications and experience
- Possess a Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Business or Construction management.
- At least 10 - 15 years of experience in a people management capacity role of which 5 years is within the Asia Pacific region and demonstrate knowledge of how to motivate teams in both business and professional development.
- QS / Commercial / Procurement background with strong capabilities in project logistics and contracts management. Has a high-level understanding of Estimating, Cost Planning, Cash Flow, Procurement, Contracts Management and Project Controls.
- Construction industry (hi-tech sector) related background especially with Data Centre or Hi-tech Industrial / Microelectronics / Pharmaceutical experience.
- RICS or CIOB qualified with experience in the disciplines of Arch /C&S /Mech /Elect /Process /I&C /Commissioning.
- Good understanding of economic policies, trade practices and industrial presence and developments in Asia Pacific.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and commercial business acumen, having the ability to build a commercial / project controls function.
- Strong team player and team builder, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a multicultural and matrix environment.
- Enlightened, visionary, sensitive and empathetic leader.
- Self-starter with ability to lead in an ambiguous and start-up environment.
- Creative, innovative and always looking for better ways to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proactive, great sense of urgency, results-oriented with a customer-driven mindset.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.