Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
Our business is growing and we need an experienced and customer focused Head of Global IT Operations to join our dynamic IT team with a proven track record of managing and maintaining modern IT services to our Corporate users and Operational. We need you to take responsibility for our 24x7 business as usual IT services to our colleagues across the world, and our operational sites through effective use of strategic managed service providers and leveraging our in-house global team. You will be able to show expertise in modern IT SaaS technologies, end user compute environments and service and vendor management against defined service level agreements.
You will define, develop and mature core IT service processes (e.g. Incident, Problem, Change, Asset management). You will have a strong background in SaaS solutions, collaboration tools, service provider / outsourcing models, ITSM frameworks, process design/management/improvement and vendor management. You exhibit a high attention to detail including an ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously. You possess strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions. You are an expert at stakeholder management and communications.
- Responsible for business as usual IT Operations function within the global organisation. Supporting all Yondrites with day to day IT needs within our End User Compute environment and business critical operational infrastructure in our Data Center facilities
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining the modern IT systems landscape, including Microsoft Azure AD and Google Workspace for collaboration and internal IT tools such as Fresh Service, Jira, Confluence, Azure IaaS and Microsoft RDS
- Responsible for supporting Yondr’s Dell/Apple based EUC environment. Ensuring devices are secure, kept up to date and functional within Yondr office locations and anywhere Yondrites are working in the world
- Manage and develop a small in-house support team, including 3rd line IT engineering and ERP application support (IFS)
- Partner with regional IT Directors to ensure region specific IT needs are understood and standardised where possible. Create, and mature global IT processes that regional IT Directors can adopt as-is or adapt for their region.
- Partner with the DevSecOps team in supporting internally developed applications, and ensure that Operational perspective and impacting bugs are recognised and prioritised. Provide guidance on best practice modern Operations
- Responsible for creating and managing the global Incident, Problem, Change and Asset processes. Ensuring that these are followed by all managed service providers and internal teams.
- Responsible for IT Operations supporting tools and technology (e.g Fresh Service for ITSM). This includes configuration, enhancements, ensuring consistent use across the organisation and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Responsible for multiple managed service providers to deliver an outstanding IT support service aligned to internal SLAs. Including managing vendor relationships, performance to contract and issue resolution
- Support the onboarding and offboarding of users from IT systems. Including provisioning / reclaim of appropriate hardware and software licences
- Support the procurement of IT hardware and software as required. Maintain relationships with key strategic suppliers of equipment and software licences
- Support the creation and governance of IT Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements, internally, to joint venture partners as an outsource arrangement, and with external partners / vendors
- Responsible for creating, reporting and maturing IT Operations KPIs to IT Leadership and the wider Executive Leadership Team
- Partner with the wider IT team to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement, shift left and automation of tasks
- Support the monthly and quarterly planning cycles and co-lead IT team daily stand-ups
Qualifications and experience
- MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a IT Operations / Service Architecture / IT Service Management
- Experience of working in a evolving / hyper growth environment where change is constant and the organisation is maturing around you
- Experience of balancing reactive response activities with proactive / strategic initiatives
- Expert knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks e.g. ITIL
- Knowledge of Enterprise Agile delivery methodologies e.g. SAFe
- Experience in configuring and maintaining the following software products - Google Workspace, Fresh Service, Microsoft Office, Azure AD, Intune, JAMF
- Experience in supporting and maintaining on-premise enterprise infrastructure including VMware, Cisco enterprise networking, firewalls and wireless controllers / authentication
- Practical evidence of developing and maintaining good working relationships with a wide range of Customers and stakeholders, developing a positive personal and organisational profile and building Partnerships
- Experience of working in a global organisation with key vendors, customers and stakeholders based in region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deliver expert advice, guidance and information to stakeholders
- Leading by example, motivating, managing, organising and directing the IT Operations function in the delivery of IT Services to the business
- Develop and embed a performance culture that delivers results through rigorous challenge, disciplined execution and continual improvement
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
Please note that all successful candidates will have a background check via a third-party provider. Data will be collected/processed according to local/regional data privacy regulations