Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Security Engineer to join the engineering team based in Singapore. The ideal candidate will be engaged in the strategic design of Yondr’s next generation of Data Centre products targeted at both the Hyperscale/Cloud and Edge/close compute markets. To ensure that Yondr’s Blueprint technology design standards are further developed and incorporated into all the future developments, this role will work closely with and manage teams of Security SMEs from our consulting partners with a goal of providing industry standard compliant solutions that are both innovative and cutting edge from a technological standpoint. The role will also see the successful candidate engaged and working in partnership with various business functions and initiatives including development and land acquisition through assisting Yondr’s capital projects team on live construction projects.
- Working in partnership and managing our Security consulting partners to produce and develop Blueprint designs and standards that position Yondr as a market leader in the Data Centre industry. This includes the formulation of BoD strategies and managing the consultant teams from concept design (RIBA stage 2) through to detailed design (RIBA stage 4) and ensuring all designs are signed off in accordance with our global standards.
- Ensure that all Security Blueprint designs conform to Global industry standards and these standards are incorporated into our Blueprint designs at region specific level.
- Creation of BoD and strategic brief documents that inform both our development and capital projects teams on how to proceed with due diligence on the Security aspects in both land acquisition and DC delivery/construction activities.
- Interface with internal discipline leads in implementing site-specific data centre design.
- Work with external customers to align Yondr's data site design with their specific requirements, while based on Yondr's standard design principles. Develop and maintain design approval/sign off processes from a business and technical team perspective.
- Assist in the technical oversight of Yondr's new land strategy and land parcel development.
- Assist in the early test fit design, planning, site design and phasing.
- Analyse both regional and site specific SRA’s and compile the data into a concise format that can be interpreted by the senior leadership team to inform strategic decision making
- Ensure the design of all Security Systems conforms to Yondr’s Global Security standards and strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within a Security consultancy role of which 3 years must be DC/Mission critical focused with experience in designing the full suite of electronic security systems- Access Control, Video Surveillance and Perimeter Intrusion Detection.
- Experience working with architects and Civil engineers to ensure security features are incorporated and coordinated with the overall building design.
- In-depth knowledge of Hostile Vehicle mitigation and Built Environment Security features.
- Have the ability to analyse both regional and site specific SRA’s (Security Risk Assessments) and use the data to influence the DC standard design to mitigate threats and risks to Yondr’s assets, people and clients. This must also include providing feedback to the development team on any security fatal flaws as part of the land acquisition programme .
- Experience with designing Site, Regional and Global Security Operation centres and control rooms.
- The following certifications are desirable although not essential- ASIS PSP & CSMP.
- Experience with the following technical systems- Axis, Milestone, CEM & Sightlogix.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
Please note that all successful candidates will have a background check via a third-party provider. Data will be collected/processed according to local/regional data privacy regulations