Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
About you and the role
You’re intelligent (and by that we don’t mean ‘book smart’, but more like you’ve got some serious ‘nous’). You’re well-rounded and balanced – you see the bigger picture but can also drill down on details, you can complete discrete tasks whilst maintaining an overview of various moving parts. Most of all you’re a flexible problem-solver and good with communication and negotiations.
You’ve had a solid background with a law firm (or any other place where you’ve gotten very comfortable with reviewing and negotiating contracts and advising clients on large transactions/deals), but now you’re itching to apply your knowledge and experience in a more hands-on way. You want to work on exciting transactions across the globe and be an industry pioneer.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love for you to join our growing global team. You will be an integral part of our cross-functional ‘Deal Teams’ that structure and execute the transactions that build our business and that allow our clients to succeed. You will be involved with commercial negotiations at contract stage on behalf of Yondr with our technology customers and also work with our investors, financiers, advisors and subject matter experts.
Our global team blends both youth and experience, composed of individuals from a range of professional backgrounds (e.g. finance, real estate, engineering and legal). This role, reporting to an Amsterdam-based manager, would ideally be based in Amsterdam - but Dublin, Belfast and London are also options.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- 3 - 5 years of PQE experience in a law firm (or any other setting where you have gained experience with reviewing and negotiating contracts and/or project-managed large transactions – i.e. advisory firms, in-house etc)
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills – our transactions are high-value and ‘lumpy’ which take a lot of time to close so you need to be able to stay on top of all the moving parts from start to finish and ensure nothing gets missed
- Ability to co-ordinate input of legal, tax, accounting, engineering and other professional advisors and most importantly understand and synthesise such advice and apply it to the practical commercial setting
- Your role will be dealing with new markets and new ideas; therefore, you must be comfortable with working in unchartered areas and have strong problem-solving abilities
- Formal professional training of some sort e.g. Engineering / Legal / Finance /Real Estate/ Construction
- Easy to work with – you will be working across teams, regions and with internal and external parties, so it’s imperative that you can establish good relationships and rapport.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Experience with real estate and/or data center and colocation and/or construction industries, whilst not necessary will be very helpful for your role
- Ideally you have had some commercial business experience (not just pure advisory/private practice experience)
- Leasing knowledge and experience would be a big bonus
- Experience with working with scale-ups and/or private businesses
- Experience and ability to comfortably work internationally
- Ability to learn new business and technical skills quickly and to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to travel (post Covid) at least 30% of the time as required
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.