Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers.
Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else.
As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
As part of the Development team, you will support the team in leading the connectivity strategy for Asia Pacific (APAC) region, the location development and product offering. You will lead the connectivity strategy in support of the strategic land development at regional level. This includes defining the type of connectivity requirements that Yondr offer in close collaboration with your other regional and global peers, seeking solutions for new locations, bringing new opportunities with carriers and setting the benchmark to support our customers.
You'll be required to liaise with global, regional and local carrier specialists, attend client facing meetings to discuss connectivity functions in support of the client solutions team and conduct expert to expert conversation. This role will require travel to all locations in which Yondr operate within the region and occasional travel elsewhere as required.
- Develop and maintain the regional Carrier-neutral connectivity strategy that appeals to typical Yondr customers.
- Develop direct trusted relationships with the Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers (and major IXP’s) to enable Yondr to create a global and regional telecoms and Data Centre Interconnect strategy across their estate.
- Develop relationships with Tier 3 (in-country) carriers for the purposes of local and metro connectivity for the specific needs of each Yondr location.
- Support the customer facing Yondr teams as the SME for connectivity strategy and assist as needed in discussions with Yondr prospects and clients.
- Support the development of operational process and excellence around connectivity services that can automate business process and improve customer service.
- Liaison with the Yondr Development team with site acquisition assistance relating to connectivity; Carrier locality and services, potential duct routes and civil works including risks around wayleave/permits, Development of Stage 1 and Stage 2 telecoms reports and budgets for specific sites.
- Assist with the financial justification/risk identification associated with new site acquisition and site construction specifically for connectivity.
- Assist Yondr in identifying opportunities to differentiate its connectivity offering from competitors through thought-leadership and new advanced technologies.
- Generate new opportunities through professional contacts and networking.
- Participate in forecasting, pipeline and market analysis
Qualifications and experience
- Network infrastructure or Operational data center experience required.
- Ability to present complex technical solutions in a simplified manner to articulate solutions and benefits to stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Strong ability to translate customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements.
- Experience of global network infrastructure and data center design, business critical infrastructure management and data center ecosystem awareness.
- A strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to learn and apply technical and business concepts quickly.
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions and the ability to present to audiences from all levels within an organisation.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.