Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers.
Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else.
As an organization, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
- The Head of Utilities will lead the engagement with the utilities across Yondr’s North, Central and South America footprint to lead the utilities due diligence, develop & execute the infrastructure strategy for potential Yondr data center sites across America regions.
- Work closely with a variety of key stakeholders and related leaders including but not limited to Development, Engineering, Capital Projects, Legal, Commercial, Asset Management, and Operations to successfully deliver the required utilities for data center projects.
- Lead the negotiation and execution of connection agreements and work with Yondr Capital Projects to deliver the utility connections to Yondr data centers.
- In order to be successful, you must have a strong background in developing & delivering utility connections, be able to work in a dynamic and global organization, and have a strong desire to continuously learn and innovate. In particular, a specific knowledge of the infrastructure for Data Center or similar mission critical site selection background is desired, ideally to include utilities, networks, site feasibility, and due diligence.
- Support the development of the Yondr growth strategy, focusing on the acquisition of sites suitable for data center development.
- Manage the utilities due diligence process, and supports a risk based approach to investments
- Responsible for formalizing the scope of infrastructure delivery, obtaining quotes, performing project savings analysis and support development team in obtaining project approval.
- Develop relationships with customers, agents, utilities, inward investment agencies, municipalities and land owners to enable projects
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Engineering, Construction, Business or other related field.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- 9+ years of experience working with or for utilities within America regions.
- Construction or project management experience in the utility industry.
- Commercial skill set to review utility fees/tariffs, and connection agreement contracts
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate in a dynamic environment
- Manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
Additional Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred.
- PMP Certification, or equivalent Project Management training and experience.
- Ability to converse in Spanish is advantageous.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, data centres and cloud services.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.