Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers.
Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else.
As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
As Development Technical Manager for the Land Acquisition program, you’ll act as client-side key technical stakeholder in the development and delivery of Yondr’s land acquisition program.
Early site due diligence and masterplanning is the first step in the project delivery process and fundamental to ensuring that the quality, delivery and evolution of Yondr’s offering to our customers is at the market leader level. It requires focussed and thorough consistent analysis to ensure all site technical development risks are fully understood and managed and as such you will be responsible for the deployment of global standards, processes and technical governance for delivery of this function.
The program is delivered through internal and external resources representing development strategy, clients’ needs, consultant partnerships and internal Yondr teams. You will take an active part in the strategic expansion of site selection through: technical strategy implementation, technical process development and implementation of Yondr’s standard design principles. You will work closely with the development team, leading the technical elements of the land acquisition (test fit development, permitting, technical due diligence, etc) to meet the long term targets of Yondr’s land portfolio leading to new opportunities for Yondr.
- Accountable for design and technical due diligence of the acquisition program associated to the Americas region
- Lead the site technical requirements of the hyperscale core and edge type product
- Lead external design, utility, due diligence and environmental teams
- Interface with internal discipline leads in implementing the site specific data center design masterplan and basis of design.
- Contribute to technical innovation developing new business strategies
- Work with external customers to align their requirements and the specific site design, based on Yondr’s standard design principles, feeding back requirements to Yondr basis of design documents and blueprint products
- Lead the early test fit design development, planning, utilities, site design and phasing
- Ensure project management and line management reporting of the function is delivered effectively and consistently across all projects within the region
- Develop, maintain and deliver engineering governance, sign off and tracking for all live due diligence and master planning project deliverables
Qualifications and experience
- Commercial acumen appreciating impact of technically led decisions, and data center costing and financing
- Ability to take the lead in technical workshops and meetings
- Understanding of the technical constraints and impact of land due diligence and various risk groups to the development of a data center.
- Leadership of internal teams, external consultants and technical suppliers
- Experience in holistically delivering project data center design within a developmental organization
- experience in the data centre market or relevant developmental organizations