Yondr is revolutionizing the real estate and technology industries. We provide wholly outsourced, end-to-end solutions to meet the capacity and property needs of growing businesses. In the process, we improve business performance, create enriching user experiences, and meet tomorrow’s needs today.
But we can’t do it without you.
We believe in a tomorrow without constraints and making the impossible possible for our clients. Thinking out of the box and not settling for less, is crucial.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
The General Counsel shall support, partner with, and advise Yondr leadership on the company’s operations and commercial transactions. Notably, the General Counsel will be responsible for construction contracts, lease agreements, warranty/liens, construction claim notices, equipment purchase, tax exemptions, and permitting. Prior experience in real estate and construction law preferred.
- Establish company policies spanning HR, Finance, Security, Sustainability, Operations, etc. with Senior Management to ensure the company’s strategic initiatives are supported
- Implement systems and processes to streamline contract processing and tracking of notice requirements.
- Ensure that contracts comply with all regulatory requirements - federal, state, local and any other applicable laws.
- Advise and negotiate partnership and joint venture agreements and provide due diligence to the leadership team for decision making.
- Proactively identify and evaluate company’s legal compliance and contractual non-compliance by partners and vendors; elevate and advise on action to Senior Management.
- Build and manage regional legal team, direct people management and cross-functional Leadership team collaboration
- Manage disputes and litigation in collaboration with the leadership team, including budget, strategy development, and resolution.
- Yondr Group is looking for a competitive contributor who envisions themselves growing with the organization
Qualifications and experience
- JD degree with a valid law license.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably with experience in an in-house capacity; with a strong focus on construction, real estate, commercial law or large scale transactional practice including, design and construction agreements, construction claims and litigation
- Innovative problem solver
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills for commercial contracts - joint venture agreement, equipment purchase agreement, etc.
- Proven history of management experience of team preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal abilities, being able to concisely relay legal concepts and large amounts of information to all levels of employees and staff.