Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
As an Electrical Lead Engineer you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world! Beyond the standard features of a building, a data centre requires more of your knowledge and skills. You will design, build and operate power supplies from 5 volts DC to 150 kV substations and all distribution, storage, redundancy and uninterruptible power supplies thereby apply.
In addition, you ensure maximum security of a data centre by working on the most effective and inventive installations related to fire protection, intrusion protection and access control! Our Operations team is always working in a live Data Centre, Risk management, execute assessments, Testing and Commissioning protocols belong to your daily work.
- Manage and deliver the electrical work packages in multiple projects
- Identify the scope, design and management objectives and deliver project documentation, ensuring the quality and flow of information required for contractors, vendors and regulatory authorities
- Write technical specifications and reports
- Assist the management in the preparation / review of project costs, risk assessments
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring continuous technical professional development
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepare tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews. Evaluate proposals and recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection
- Write technical specifications for tender
- Represent the Ownership on factory acceptance tests and site testing & commissioning activities
- Communicate status of projects to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
- Monitor the maintenance program of the electrical assets and coordinate these activities with all the other disciplines (Mechanical, FM)
- Respond to incidents and instruct the FM teams on how to react in different scenarios
- Coordinate the writing and approval of all procedures for normal and emergency operations
- Drive new initiatives to improve efficiency in the workflows and in the day to day activities
- Assist HSE in creating safety programs for electrical works
- In the functions of the site SAP write the Electrical Site rules in compliance with the local legislation and coordinate with HSE and the other teams on methods to enforce them.
- As site SAP you will be granted the authority over the electrical installation as prescribed by law.
Qualifications and experience
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- At least 8 - 10 years relevant working experience in electrical design and / or installation
- Good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry
- Good knowledge of standard practices in commissioning and testing of electrical equipment
- Good understanding of the daily (operational) business of critical environments
- An entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude
- Result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients
- You have a good command of English both written and spoken
- Fluent in various office software packages and program languages, able to learn rapidly on new platforms
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
Please note that all successful candidates will have a background check via a third-party provider. Data will be collected/processed according to local/regional data privacy regulations