Yondr is a developer, owner operator and service provider of hyperscale data centers. Our mission is to meet growing businesses' data center capacity and technical real estate needs faster, more elegantly and with better performance outcomes than anyone else. As an organisation, we self-fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale data center facilities globally.
Yondr is looking for a talented and experienced electrical engineer to join our expanding engineering team to lead our EMEA portfolio. The ideal candidate will be engaged in the strategic design of Yondr’s next generation of data centre products targeted at both the Hyperscale/Cloud and Edge/close compute markets by pushing innovation and influencing technical standards and specifications.
To ensure that Yondr’s technology design standards are incorporated into all the future developments, the SME will work closely with and manage teams of consulting partners to provide industry standard compliant solutions that are both innovative and cutting edge. You will also work closely with project managers, design engineers, contractors and commercial teams to ensure the successful delivery and ongoing operation of their growing Datacentre estate.
The role will also see the successful candidate engaged and working in partnership with various business functions and initiatives including development and land acquisition, bid phase, assisting our construction delivery team through to operations to drive technical excellence during the full life cycle of our data centres.
- Working in partnership and managing our consulting team to produce and develop BoD strategies, Blueprint designs and standards that position Yondr as a market leader.
- Oversee live projects through to detailed design and sign off the electrical systems in accordance with our global standards.
- Undertake reviews at key project stage gateways to ensure the electrical system is of the highest standards, fit for purpose, buildable and cost effective.
- Support various business initiatives including the continuous improvement of our global design standards and innovations for future technologies.
- Support the development team in acquiring ‘power to site’ and oversee the design and development, construction, commissioning and handover of our substations.
- Engage with the supply chain to challenge the norm and develop innovative solutions to provide the world class product considering: technical performance, resilience, energy efficiency, buildability, scalability, maintainability.
- Continuously increase your knowledge of data centre services, systems and components through involvement with manufacturing, construction, installation, commissioning and operations to drive greater design standards.
- Support the business in identifying opportunities to improve site infrastructure and reduce our power usage effectiveness.
- Lead technical aspect of pre sales activities and providing technical input to our customers.
Qualifications and experience
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with electrical systems including control, protection, PMS and fire alarm systems with minimal DC/Mission critical focused preferred.
- Good understanding of mechanical, ICT, security systems and civil, structural and architectural practices.
- Good commercial acumen with understanding of commercial impacts to solutions.
- Be professional and personable with the ability to lead meetings, workshops and presentations both upstream to end customers and downstream to supply chain partners.
- Minimum HND in Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards.
- Member of the IET or a Professional Body preferred.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.