Yondr is revolutionizing the real estate and technology industries. We provide wholly outsourced, end-to-end solutions to meet the capacity and property needs of growing businesses. In the process, we improve business performance, create enriching user experiences, and meet tomorrow’s needs today.
But we can’t do it without you.
We believe in a tomorrow without constraints and making the impossible possible for our clients. Thinking out of the box and not settling for less, is crucial.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
As Technical Director, you’ll act as key technical lead in the strategic development of engineering as an organizational leading business unit. Engineering is fundamental to the quality, delivery and evolution of the product offering to our customers and requires innovation and driving force to ensure Yondr remains as market leaders.
You will lead the regional engineering function with strategic expansion to meet the Yondr expansion targets. You will take an active participation as statesman of the regional engineering in interfacing with other parts of the business, and interface on a global level with peers to seek consistency, quality, and improvement. You will manage regional budget, people, initiatives, and business plans aligned with the expanding global Yondr portfolio.
- Accountable for the technical engineering discipline with a focus on the Americas and provide support to other regions, as well as keeping consistency with global blueprint and standards.
- Accountable for design of the following - assembly based data centers, prefabricated equipment, and data center products/systems.
- Responsible for delivery of quality in design and execution.
- Manage and train our engineering Subject Matter Expert teams.
- Lead external consultant teams to undertake project delivery.
- Interface with internal discipline leads in implementing the site-specific data center design.
- Govern technical innovation of our products and design.
- Work with external customers to align Yondr’s data site design with their specific requirements, with basis on Yondr’s standard design principle.
- Develop and maintain design approval/sign off process from business and technical team.
- Lead the technical oversight of Yondr’s new land strategy and land parcel development. As well as lead the early test fit design, planning, site design and phasing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (MEP, Architectural, Structural, or Civil), Construction Management, or a related field is desired. PE license is also preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in the data center market or critical environment market experience.
- Commercial acumen appreciating impact of technically led decisions, and data center costing and financing.
- Experience with site selection due diligence and master planning of large-scale mission critical/technical facility projects.
- Experience in construction, operations, and maintenance of large scale corporate/technology/industrial facilities.
- Experience in global and regional management within the design and construction program management processes.
- Experience in organization and communication of technical details to all organizational levels.
- Leadership of internal teams, external consultants, and technical suppliers.